Volunteer at Thornton Creek!
a Covid call out... If we’ve learned anything through this, it’s the importance of being flexible. With that in mind, Covid conditions and our safety protocols continue to evolve, and our principal, Mr. Kischner, continues to evaluate and update TC’s Covid precautions based on current public health data. If you plan on volunteering at TC, please read on and follow the steps below to make sure you’re ready to sign up when the time comes. According to SPS, parent volunteers will be required to follow all health and safety protocols and be vaccinated. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming...
As an option school focused on expeditionary learning, Thornton Creek depends on our community’s participation and engagement to help carry forward the amazing programs, activities and classroom support that make our school so special. Volunteering is fun and helps build a tight-knit community for our kids. It’s also a great way to get to know other parents and caregivers, teachers, and staff at Thornton Creek! We need ALL kinds of volunteers—from people who can rock out a big event to those who take on support roles, from folks who are willing to work on small projects at home to those who will show up on the day of an activity for an hour or two to lend a hand. Above all, we invite you to come as you are. Whatever your interest and availability, Thornton Creek is lucky to have you and whatever time you have to give our extraordinary community.
How to volunteer:
- Complete the volunteer application (or renew your application if you’re a returning volunteer) through the Seattle Public Schools volunteer web page.
- New in 2021-22: In addition to completing the Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention online training course, reviewing the SPS Volunteer Handbook and filling out the Volunteer Application/Background check, all in-person volunteers must complete SPS’ COVID-specific Health & Safety online training course AND show proof of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. You can find more information and a link to the course on the SPS volunteer web page linked above.
- Take the Thornton Creek Parent Group’s Volunteer Interest Survey via SignUp Genius. The volunteer committee will reach out to you when there is an opportunity that matches up.
- Note: If you don’t already have a SignUp Genius account, you can set one up for free. You’ll be ready to go when it’s time to sign up for specific volunteer time slots.
- Hold tight! Throughout the year, you’ll hear about volunteer opportunities through your child’s teacher, the room parent or the school’s weekly bulletin. Sign-ups for current volunteer opportunities through the TC Parent Group will live here, as individual tabs alongside the Volunteer Interest Survey. There will be plenty of slots to go around, but please reach out to the TC Parent Group volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, comments or other ideas for how you could best use your talents, interests and skills to benefit TC students. We can’t wait to work with you!
Thank you for supporting Thornton Creek!
Questions? Email the Thornton Creek Parent Group volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.